Upcoming Dojo Events
- November 8, 201426th AnnualNiwot, CO
Children and Junior (Boys and Girls): 9:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Contestant Check-in Time Starts at 8:00 a.m.
Adults: 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Contestant Check-in Time Starts at 12:00 p.m.
One Event - $45.00
Two Events - $55.00
Three Events - $60.00
Team Kata or Kumite - $50/Team
Adults (18 & up) - $5.00
Children (5-17) - $3.00
4 yrs & under - Free
WKF Rules of Karate Competition (2009 Version) with the following modifications:
Kumite: 12 years old and under--2 minutes running time,
- Junior and adults--2 minutes, stop time
- Male Advanced--3 minutes, stop time (Division S-29 only)
- All divisions--8 points ceiling
Kata: All divisions
- a. Point system to determine winners.
- b. May perform any traditional Japanese or Okinawan kata.
- c. Tie breaker kata for Intermediate and Advanced divisions must be different kata.
Two coaches from each dojo are permitted to the competition area.
Coaches must attend coaches meeting, 8:30-9:00 am, on the day of the tournament.
Guard, and groin protector (males)
Optional Recommended Equipment
- Protector (female)
- White karate-gi, cloth or vinyl fist guards (white, red, blue), mouth
- White head gear (children & juniors), shin guards, instep protectors, chest
Children - Blue, Green, Low Purple
Thu, Oct 23 - 4:30pm
Children - High Purple, Brown & Black
Thu, Oct 23 - 5:45pm
Teens & Adults - Brown & Black
13 yrs old and up
Thu, Oct 23 - 7:00pm
Fri, Oct 24 - 4:30pm